ORNL's neutron scattering facilities, the Spallation Neutron Source and the High Flux Isotope Reactor, are experiencing a significant growth with more scientists submitting more proposals to perform more experiments than ever before. Since the last User Meeting, the numbers of instruments, users, experiments, and publications from these resources have greatly increased. We invite the neutron scattering community to attend this Meeting to help us identify both opportunities for gains in scientific productivity, and the additional capabilities required to accommodate new directions in neutron scattering research.
Opportunities for researchers from universities and industry include:
- Meeting ORNL scientists and learning about the capabilities of neutron scattering instruments at SNS and HFIR
- Meeting fellow user scientists and engineers to discuss ongoing research and R&D needs
- Tours of HFIR and SNS, the Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences, the Joint Institute for Neutron Sciences and the ORNL Guest House
- Recommending sample environment capabilities
Satellite meetings to be held include:
* Limited funds are available to support those who submit a poster abstract suitable for this event.