Dr. John Katsaras
- Senior Scientist Biological Systems / Distinguished R&D Staff,
Neutron Sciences Directorate, ORNL, Oak Ridge, TN, USA.
October 11, 2010 – Present.
- Principal Research Officer - National Research Council
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Primary area of research is soft condensed matter physics, in particular, the structural determination of biologically relevant systems and their interactions through the use of appropriate scattering techniques (i.e. neutrons, x-rays and light).
Current interests include:
- The development of spontaneously forming, functionalised unilamellar vesicles specifically targeted to delivering payloads to the brain.
- The detailed structure of biofilms.
- Atomic resolution neutron and x-ray holographies.