The Kid's Corner
Middle school students conduct an experiment in the Neutron Sciences exhibit at the Knox County, Tennessee, Career Fair.
- Math and Science Resources (scroll to the links at the bottom)
- Great Science Links for Kids!
- The Scale of the Universe 2
- City of Materials
- Kids’ Guide to States of Matter
- American Museum of Science and Energy, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
- Lederman Science Center, Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
- Funderstanding Roller Coaster
- Kids Online Resources
- Science for Students and Kids, US Department of Energy
- Strange Matter Exhibit
- A Science Teacher's Polymer Education Guide
Atomic Mystery Model
The atomic mystery model is a fun way to learn about how neutrons are used to see subatomic particles that we can't see with our own eyes. Below are instructions for how to play the game yourself and for teachers who would like to use the model in the classroom.
SNS Activity Book
Check out the SNS activity book, with information about neutrons and why they're important and fun puzzles related to neutrons and SNS.
SNS Chinese Fortune Puzzle
To create a Chinese Fortune puzzle about SNS, print out this PDF file double sided on one piece of paper--or print it out on two pieces of paper and tape them together. Follow the instructions on the backside of the puzzle.